Metso acquires Wartsila company holdings

By Anna Simet | June 01, 2012

Metso Corp. will acquire Wartsila’s holding in the MW Power joint venture, upon approval from the European Union competition authorities.

MW Power was founded in 2009, and supplies small- and medium-sized heat and power plants for the European market, focusing on the renewable energy industry. Its most recent projects include a 33 MW wood pellet-fired heating plant in Tampere, Finland, and a biomass-fired boiler at a cheese factory in Lapinlahti, Finland.

Metso currently owns 60 percent of the joint venture; Wartsila owns the remaining 40 percent.

The companies estimate the acquisition will be complete by the end of July. The value of the agreement will not be disclosed.

MW Power currently has a total of 250 employees in Finland, Scandinavia, the Baltic area and Russia, according to Metso.



1 Responses

  1. Pooja



    I'm always on the looukot for fresh and talented artists. Whenever I stumble upon (or get pointed in the direction of) a great portfolio I'll bookmark it for future reference and usually end up featuring the designer.@All: Thanks very much for your comments. I'm happy you like Perttu's work and that I could introduce you to his works.


    Leave a Reply

    Biomass Magazine encourages encourages civil conversation and debate. However, we reserve the right to delete comments for reasons including but not limited to: any type of attack, injurious statements, profanity, business solicitations or other advertising.

    Comments are closed